Monday, August 01, 2005

A new week

This past week and weekend was pretty busy. We had Michael and his youth group in town doing a ministry tour. They did a great job! I had fun being able to hang out a little bit with Lacey too (Josh's sister). We don't get to see them too often beings that we live in San Antonio and they all live in Houston. Sometimes I wish we could just pack up our things and move to where family is. It is very frustrating sometimes. I guess God is trying to teach us something while we are here in San Antonio for the time. Well, Sunday was quite embarassing. Before I tell you about that, I need to build the story for you. Friday Josh wakes up in the morning and works all day. Friday night we have a lock in for the youth. So therefore Josh is up all day and all night into Saturday. Saturday he has to attend this men's breakfast for the church. So he couldn't go home and rest. Saturday afternoon after the men's breakfast he had to work on Isaac's car because it had been broken down in the HEB parking lot since last Tuesday. So Josh is working outside under the car in the hot air meanwhile hasn't had any sleep. Then after he gets the car fixed he has about an hour to do whatever then he has to go back up to the church to unload chairs and put them up on the balcony. Heavy chairs with no sleep! Not a good thing. Saturday night after that was all said and done he came home and I made him a salad to eat. He said he didn't want anything greasy and that a salad sounded good to him. While he was waiting for the salad he ate some chips and green sauce. I tasted the green sauce and it didn't taste good to me. He said it tasted fine to him. Saturday night-Sunday morning around 4:00am he woke me saying that he was throwing up. He had it bad on both ends. So from 4:00 to about 8:30 we were up on and off. I told him that I thought that he needed to stay home from church because he looked and felt so bad. He was running a temperature of 102! That is a good enough reason to stay home and relax and get better. Anyways, getting back to embarassing...I went to church. I ran out of the house with only drinking a cup of juice. I need to eat some sort of breakfast or else my sugar will drop really low due to hypoglocemic. So I am up on stage singing in the praise team and about the 3rd song in I started feeling really funny. I had to stop singing and only lip sing. It doesn't matter that I do that because you can't hear me anyways when I am singing so I played it cool for awhile and then about the 6th song (which there were 8 and no way would I have made it) everything started going black. It was like I was in a tunnel. I started sweating really bad and getting very very shakey to the point where I couldn't stand up or hold the microphone any more, so I did what I could and put the microphone down and got off stage. At that point I went out into the hallway and leaned over and basically fell into the wall. A lady that is a nurse at our church ran out to see if I was okay. She said she could see my colors changing when I was onstage. She quick got me some juice and cookies from the nursery. There were 3 ladies that came out of service to see if I was okay. That felt good to know that people care enough to come see if I was okay. After that I felt better. I told Janet after service that I was sorry for just getting off stage and she said she didn't even notice. Hmm. Well, it was quite embarassing for me. I seriously thought that I was going to pass out. I may have to step down for a little bit. We'll see. Anyways, what a long weekend. After church I came home and just layed around all day and all night. It felt so good to just relax and not have anything to worry about.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh wow girl. I hope you feel better. Make sure you eat something from now on. One time I didn't eat anything for lunch and went to the Dentist around 3:30 or so and after they did the work on my mouth and I was paying at the front desk things started getting black,everyone sounded really distane and I started sweating...and then my legs buckled and boom I fell to the ground. So make sure YOU EAT!!!!! Its soo emberrassing!!!

Jenny said...

Alicia!! I'm so glad that you're okay. Yes, you need to make sure you eat something!! Email me. Love ya girl.

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry!! This happened to me SO many times while I was pregnant!! It is such a miserable feeling! The only thing I could contribute it to was a severe change in my blood sugar. It always happened before noon either when my sugar got low, or really high after eating a donut or something. I know it stinks! I had to leave the platform a few times too! The only advice I can give you is breathe deeply and sit down fast! :) Hope you don't experience this too often :)