Monday, August 29, 2005

A fun but not relaxing weekend

Well, friday Josh and I left San Antonio to go to Houston around 3:30. The drive there wasn't that bad except for the fact that we had two stinky dogs in our back seat breathing heavily on us because they were hot. Once the car cooled off and Josh got some air freshners it wasn't so bad. When we got there to Houston we went to Michael and Melissa's house and dropped off our dogs and picked Melissa up. We got to the conference a little after 7:00pm. That night was pretty good. Josh and I got a lot from the service. Afterwards, we went to Pappasitos (I think that is the correct way to spell it) with a bunch of old friends. They are more of Josh, Michael, and Melissa's old friends considering I didn't grow up here but I knew all of them. It was a lot of fun. There were probably like 15 of us there. We didn't end up leaving until about 12:00 or close to it. Josh, Michael, Melissa, and I went back to their house and hung out until about 2:30 in the morning just watching the dogs play and get to meet each other. It was rather interesting because Michael and Melissa have a puppy female boxer and then a little toy female chihuaha (don't know how to spell those names) and then we have a 2 year old female boxer and a female bassethound. They seem to get a long for the most part if there were no toys or bones involved cause if there was then Bailey our boxer would get really mean and role her lips and snap at their boxer or other dog. We had to spank Bailey a few times cause she was being a brat. Anyways, that was fun.

Then we had to wake up early the next morning to be at the conference again. Michelle, your brother Ryan was cute. He came up to me and told me that you said to say Hello. I also saw Wade there too. Wade actually was with us all when we went to Pappasitos.

After the conference was over we went to Josh's parents house where Danielle and Mike made an awesome roast dinner. It tasted so good. There was mashed potatoes, roast beef, gravy, green beans, corn, fruit salad, biscuits, and then we had that chocolate thunder thing like Outback has for dessert. Hmmmmm Yummy. It was all very good. Josh and Jessica Long came over to be with us for dinner too. That was so good to see them. I love hanging out with Jessica. I wish we were closer to each other in living distance. After dinner, we all watched the video of our baby on the ultrasound that the doctor had recorded for us. That was pretty neat too. Later, Jessica and I were sitting on the couch and I had my hand on her belly and I could feel that little guy kicking and squirming all around in there. I can't wait until I can feel that in my belly. Right now all I am feeling is butterflies and the baby floating around. We left there house around 9:30-10:00 but the crazy thing is that we didn't get home until 3:30 in the morning! Houston started flooding because of the storm that came in and they made us take another highway to get to the other side of the highway that we wanted to be on. Oh, it was bad.

Then, we woke up for church on Sunday and had a normal church day. Sunday, we were blessed by this couple that we had met a couple of times out at youth events because they wanted to take us out to eat. It was so nice of them. We didn't have to pay at all. I love it when God does little things like that to let you know that if you bless Him, He will always take care of you. Well, I think that is it. Ha ha. That is probably one of the biggest posts ever. Have a good rest of the day! On to work now.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey Alicia!! I'm glad you had a good weekend. For some reason the name Josh Long sounds familiar. I don't know why? I think I know him. Actually I came across some pictures yesterday from camp a long time ago and he was in one of the pictures. If I'm thinking of the right person. Anyway, yeah that storm was scary. It woke me up during the night and it was shaking my house. Talk to you later.

Michelle said...

Hey girl, yeah Ryan is a sweetie, he told me you said hi. Sounds like you all had a blast. And a very busy weekend. Get some rest because I'm sure your weekend coming up will be busy. We had some friends come down from San Antonio Sunday too, they are going back home on Wednesday. Anyways have a great day!! I like reading your long post!

KriSTeN said...

hey that's cool that wade went with yall! i am glad you had fun. i am sure though it is hard to stay up so late. i did not get to bed till three last nighta and got up at 8. gosh i am feeling it! have a great rest of your monday! mine is getting better considering i just have 4.25 more hours left! oops looks like a storm is coming! talk to you later!

Michelle said...

Hey girl,
Have you come up with any baby names yet???