Wednesday, June 01, 2005

What a weekend!

Well, this weekend lasted so long that it went into the week. I got off work on Friday and went straight to the new youth room. We worked our butts off. I was up there til about 2:00 in the morning painting. My fingers and hands were so cramped that I couldn't even open them at one point. Saturday, I woke up around 9:00am and starting cleaning. The house was a wreck and we were having company over so I had to bust my butt to get it clean. I would have asked Josh to help but he had enough to deal with up at the church. Anyways, I got the house cleaned! Thank you Jesus. Then I spent the rest of the day in the youth room. Sunday, we woke up and went to church. It was the 25th Anniversary for the church. It was pretty nice. We got to see brother Granberry and his wife. I love when that man speaks cause he always laughs at everything. His laugh is very contagious. He sermon was very good. It was all about the steps he takes to help his family in prayer. Putting family first. I totally am in agreement with that. Every time that Josh gets wrapped up in the whole church stuff, he and I always remind each other about spending time apart from the church. You need that time to relax. Then Sunday night Michael and Melissa came into town. We had such a great time with them. We never had a chance as married couples to take time and just hang out as family being married just the two sets of couples. It was nice. We took them to Outback. We had a great time! Michael cracked me up the whole time. We had a very nice waitress Christa but she was fairly new so of course the boys were bothering her. Melissa and I just sat back and watched and laughed. After that, the boys went back to the youth room to try and figure lights out and Melissa and I went to go get a movie from blockbuster. We rented "Cellular", but never had time to watch it. Monday, the boys woke up early and went to the deer lease and Melissa and I just slept in. Then we got up around 10:30am and sat around a little drinking coffee and talking. After that we went to Walmart and bought all the food we were going to make for our cook out. We starting making everything around 2:00pm and then Josh and Michael came home around that time and helped with the steaks. Melissa and I bought, cut up, and served enough fruit to feed an army. We had so much! The watermelon that we got was huge too. Around 6:00 Matt and Heather Rule came over and enjoyed the meal with us. After Melissa and I cleaned up the whole kitchen, (which was a lot of work and thank you again Melissa!) Heather, Melissa, and I went back to Heather's apartment and went swimming in the pool. It was really relaxing except it was kinda cold. But we had a good time chatting girl stuff. We went back to the youth room to meet up with the guys. Then, Tuesday I decided to take the day off due to all the craziness this weekend and I helped Josh with some more stuff for the youth room. We did all the finishing touches. And now we are ready for tonight!!! Thank you God that it is all complete now. Wooo! That was a lot to write. It was a good weekend!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

WOW, you sound like you were extremely busy!!!! I'm glad you guys got the room done and that you got to relax a little more yesterday. It's been a long week :)
But yet the weekend is almost here!!! Have a great rest of the day!

alicia said...

thanks girl! you too.

Matt said...

I would like to say I'm sorry for my earlier comment in the previos post. I love Fabio the duck, he's so soft and pretty, I like to pet him and love him. He's avery special duck and belong to two very special people.