Friday, May 27, 2005

Busy Busy Busy

Well, my previous post said something like that I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing but I felt like I had something important........LOTS to do this weekend as always. Tonight, we are practicing for Battle of the Bands next weekend. We need practice especially my voice. I haven't sang in awhile and I feel like I tore it up last night, but not in a good way tore it up. I actually went to bed with a sore throat. Obviously, I wasn't using the technics my vocal coach taught me a long time ago. "Sing from the diaphragm". I was using my chest and throat only. Oh it was bad! Okay, not that bad but it didn't sound good at all. That is a good sign though that I can hear it and admit it because some of those people for example that tried out for American Idol really think that they sound good! I just wish that they could hear it. Oh my it hurts my ears. Anyways, that was a complete bunny trail that I got on. Okay, back to my agenda. Practice tonight and then after practice paint the stage for the youth room. Then clean up a little a decorate a little. Saturday, practice again and fix more in the youth building, get thank you cards made from my wedding. Pretty pathetic I know! I feel like I don't have time to write 500 thank you cards! I am not joking. I had a shower in NJ, Houston, and San Antonio, then we invited around 300 people to our wedding. Not all came but most sent gifts. I love the gifts and it helped so much but to write out 500 thank you notes, I feel like my fingers are just going to crumble. I wrote about 150 so the rest I decided that I was going to get those picture thank yous made up from Walmart. Then I have to clean clean clean my house because Josh's brother and his wife are coming from Houston to spend Memorial Day with us. We are going to BBQ on Monday. That will be fun. We don't get to see them much because Josh and Michael are both Youth Pastors and that takes up so much time. Sunday, church all day. That is a given. Monday, BBQ. And that is it... unless something else pops up which I am sure it will. I feel like I am worn out already writing about it. Okay, talk to ya later

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow you do have a long weekend planned. But hopefully Monday won't be so busy and you can relax a little.
Oh and the wedding thank you notes took me about 6 months to do..I was so busy and then my hands kept cramping and I would put it off and finally I sat down and made myself finish them. I will say good luck to you on that!! Sometimes I still feel like I have forgotten someone....but I can't do anything about that now right?
Have a great and fabulous weekend..I have no idea what we are doing...we kinda do the spontaneous thing...:)

Jonathan said...

goodness!!! you are a busy girl this weekend! I hope it is great and goes by slow so you will have to time to enjoy it and get everything done! love you!-Gaitha lee

Matt said...

What is with the stupid duck in the corner? YOu guys already have two REAL dogs do you really need a virtual pet?