Monday, September 12, 2005

Thinking

Right before I was getting ready to write this post I looked at my ticker and it said that I was 18 weeks and 2 days. It hit me all of a sudden that in another 2 weeks I will be counting the weeks by the teens! It feels like it was only yesterday that Josh and I were on our way back from the Dr.'s calling our family and telling them about the news. It is just crazy to me how time went by so fast. In two weeks I will be halfway through! Now that I am going into my 5th month my stomach is starting to show. I can actually wear maternity clothes now and not look like I am swimming in them. Some are still a little too big but it is a heck of a lot more comfortable than trying to squeeze into something. I'm also starting to feel the baby really move around a lot. I don't get really hard kicks but just little flutters like the kid is saying "really, I'm in here, see!" It is just amazing what God can create. I am watched the ultrasound video over and over again and just can't seem to come to the realization that that is my baby sometimes. Tomorrow we are hoping to find out what he/she is, that is if the baby is in the right position. Well, a lot to think about.

My weekend was pretty eventful with church stuff. Friday night I went to a ladies night at the church. We played bunco and ate food. It was pretty fun. Then Saturday, I had worship practice in the morning and then Josh and I went to lunch. We hung out for a bit and then we had to go visit one of our youth in the hospital. Sunday was church and then between church and church we had our friend Brent over for lunch. After lunch we all sat down to watch a movie. It was called Crash. It was really good. Today, I am pretty tired. Well, I am gonna get back to work. Hope y'all had a good weekend and now lets look forward to this weekend again together!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

It does seem like yesterday that we found out that you're pregnant. It's going by so fast!! Are you wearing the clothes Aunt Nellie bought you yet? They were so cute!!! I'm so excited!

Unknown said...

We rented that movie last week too. It was totally different than what I expected! I remember being almost halfway....wow, this last half has been so different than the first...you really really start feeling pregnant once you hit that halfway mark...and yes, aren't maternity clothes so much more comfy than squeezing and looking like just the fat kid :) Good luck tomorrow, can't wait to see what your little one is!!!

Melissa said...

Come on little Allard!! Show the goods!!! :)

Wish we were there to experience this with you guys, Alicia! We're there in spirit and can't wait to hear the news! Have Josh call Cary - cell is the same still. We're praying for you guys! :)

Michelle said...

Alicia,
Today is the day! I'm so excited for you, I will be praying that you will be able to see what sex your baby will be! Post as soon as you know! Good luck!

KriSTeN said...

Hey girl! i know this is exciting! you are one busy woman... i pray that life doesnt pass to quickly! talk to you later!

Unknown said...

Hey when is your appt...I am dying here...I don't want to check your blog like 5 zillion times in one day or anything, but it sure is turning into that!! Such an exciting day :)