Saturday, April 09, 2005

Okay, well I just wrote a whole bunch of stuff and it all got deleted. That always sucks. So let me try and recap what I had written. First of all, we had our pastor's retreat and it was very refreshing. We went to Rockport, TX and then to Port Aransas. It was very nice, but the beach wasn't nearly as nice as the Jersey Shore. There's no place like home!!! What I have learned from this retreat is that I basically need to seek God and find out what He wants for my life. I have had a lot of difficulties trying to adapt to this whole being a "Pastor's Wife". It was so much easier to be someone who just paid their tithes and listen to the message and that was it. I have been on that side and my is it a lot different. I know that God has Josh and I in the ministry for a purpose and He has called us to be in it together, but it has been very difficult to deal with all the bickering and murmering. I am not one to cater to others needs because they just want it their way. I do it Jersey style and they tell it like it is and there is no beating around the bush or making it sound pretty. That has been one of my biggest struggles. That and all the church politics. Hello, the last time I checked I wasn't attending a political party, I am attending church! Basically, what I got from this retreat and it wasn't because anyone spoke it to me or anything like that I really feel like God was telling me that "I need to seek HIS face and then and only then will I know that it is in HIS will what will happen and that I will be doing only what will Glorify HIM not anyone else". I really pray that God will soften my heart but to also give me a bold heart to speak out what will glorify HIM. He is doing awesome things in these last days and I want to be apart of it and be able to know that I did all that I can to save those who are lost. Amen!!! Talk to ya later. Believe me I have a whole bunch to say on this subject. It could fill many many blogs.

No comments: