Friday, April 22, 2005

IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!

Finally, I thought this day would never come, and it was a short week for me too. I am in big trouble for next week. Just kiddin. Well, my life has it's abundant amount of things going on of course. Let me start from the beginning. San Antonio has this thing that they do every year called Fiesta. They say it is like their version of Mardi Gra. I haven't experienced it so I don't really know, but from the looks of it on the news it just looks like one big party fest going on down town. Drinkin, dancin, talkin funny, and just wastin away in margaritaville! Yeh, okay so now today and tomorrow it is like the end of Fiesta so they have two huge parades that go all through down town SA. Our youth and church have been selling tickets for this and all the profit they make is all going to Speed the Light. That is pretty cool. I can't go to the day parade today because obviously I am here at work, but they have another one tomorrow night, which is suppose to be their grand finale. It should be fun. The crazy thing is that all of SA school districts and City type jobs like the post offices and things like that are off from the jobs or school! That is just funny to me that it is that big of a deal. I guess I shouldn't say that around native Fiesta people. They'll be sending this yankee up yonder! Well, I guess I am gonna go get some more filing done and see if that makes the day go any faster. We'll see! Talk to ya'll later.
HAPPY FIESTA! and Happy Earth Day!

8 comments:

KriSTeN said...

Hey girl sounds like fun! just go easy on the drinkin! hahaah j/k. so what kind of job do you do? i am a sales rep for Cingular Wireless. fun! hope you have a great weekend! i am working today and tomorrow but i get Sunday off! ya!
talk to you later girl!

alicia said...

Hey Kristen! I don't think I will be doing any drinkin but I will definately be laughing at the funny drunks. It's very amusing sometimes. Cingular is who I have my service through. How cool! Josh and I have the treo phones 600. They are okay but I don't use much of all the stuff that is on it so I think I may have wasted money and now I am either stuck with this phone that I don't know how to use or I have to learn how to use it. I am an assistant intake coordinator at a treatment facility for troubled teens. Basically, I do a lot of paper work for these kids. It is a decent job, but I am only doing this until I get my master's in counseling and then I want to counsel kids. Okay, so now that I have wrote a huge comment. I'm gonna go. Have a great weekend!!! Talk to ya later.

KriSTeN said...

wow! that sounds like an awesome job... knowing you are dong good and what you are going for is awesome too. ya my hubby wants the treo 650 and our goal is to get it for him by july! ya they are a whole lot of phone.i could never use one but it's still a nice one. i am trying to win one for him. we have so many chances to win phones here. well hey i am glad to hear you have Cingular! it IS the best! :) talk to you later. yes and drunks are fun to make fun of! have fun doing that! :)

Michelle said...

Alicia,
I LOVE San Antonio. Stephen and I and our two friends stayed one weekend before Christmas and the lights were so pretty....we stayed at a hotel right around the corner from the River Walk, within easy walking distance. I can't imagine what it looks like now on this special holiday! I'm sure people don't come to "HOUSTON" to take a small vacation. LOL
I can see it now "lets get out of here and go see downtown Houston"
Alright well you have a great day!
OH and even if you got to figuring out your phone it gets old after a while. I have this camera phone on mine and I used to use it all the time, now i'm like whatever. I should of stuck with the cheap one :)

KriSTeN said...

ya! cheap phones are sometimes better!

KriSTeN said...

but sometimes people just have to have the latest and greatest you know?

alicia said...

yeh, I guess at the time that I bought this phone I just wanted the best that they had because I was still using that old style Nokia and I was sick of it.

KriSTeN said...

ya i want the new nokia 6230 now that phone rocks!