Monday, October 31, 2005

How exciting!

Today is my last Monday here at Campbell A. Griffin Treatment Center! Yeah to that one. There will not be a sad goodbye. When I left my last job at The Breakers up in New Jersey, I knew that I was never going to find a job like that again. I can honestly say that I loved working there and I would go back in a heart beat if Josh and I lived up there. I don't think that is going to happen though, but if it ever did that is the first place I would go. They treated me like family there and they still treat my family like family there. They are awesome people. Cosmo Scardino is the owner. If you want to ever stay at a really nice hotel on the Jersey Shore this is the place to stay. www.breakershotel.com I miss it a lot sometimes. When I worked there in the summer as day time manager of the restaurant, I would have to be there at 7:30am and my favorite cook Shayla would always make me breakfast. Then I would take it to the Veranda and eat it while I watched the ocean waves crash and dolphins sometimes would jump out of the water. It was an awesome view and great way to start the day. I had such a great time working there and I loved everyone that I worked with.

But as for my job here...I will not miss a moment of it! I didn't like my supervisor. She thought of me more as a personal assistant than what my correct job title was and I didn't get paid enough to put up with her crap. She wasn't my first supervisor here. My first supervisor was really nice and I liked working with her but this next one was awful! I hated feeling like I was being taken advantage of. Thank goodness that I don't have to work with her anymore. That in itself is a blessing. My job reminded me a lot like the movie Office Space. Josh had told me that I needed to watch it one day when I had done a bunch of complaining about my job. That more described a lot of what my job was like.

All in all, I can now look at this situation and just praise God for getting me out of it even though when it first happened I didn't know what to think. I actually feel blessed to know that I don't have to come back to this place again. I can't wait to start working with my little kids. I remember working at the day care in Waxahachie and I loved all those little kids there. I am excited about my new job and I can't wait to start. This week I only have to work 4 days. I will be getting off on Thursday.
Thursday after work I am going to drive to Houston. Then Friday I am going to work with Danielle at the hospital. I am really excited about that. I can walk by the nursery and see all the little babies too. Saturday is Caleb's baby shower!!! Yeah, I can't wait to see everyone. I can't wait to get gifts too but more so I am just really excited about seeing everyone. Danielle said that she a couple of other ladies have been working to get this shower looking awesome.

Okay, well I won't be writing and emailing as often during the day as I can now and before but I will update at night. Talk to y'all soon again!

No comments: