Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Everything is Moving

Josh and had our monthly doctor visit yesterday to check on baby Caleb. He was doing fine! She took a few more measurements and said that his thigh bone (forget the medical term for it) was long. His head looked big too. Actually, a lot of things looked a lot bigger. She found his digit too and said "Yup, it's still a boy". Very cute. She checked out my placenta and said that it has repositioned itself and is moving up fine. She still marked me down as placenta previa, but she said that things can return back to normal. I thought that was an answered prayer. I didn't want to have complications. I have been experiencing a lot of cramping but I think that is just do to nerves and stress. I saw his little face too. He looked like he had a pug nose like mine! So cute! I can't wait to meet him in person. I have 17 more weeks! I also found out from my doctor that she is 3 weeks behind me pregnant with her second boy! I thought that was neat. Although she may be delivering me when she is huge or someone else will be delivering. Either way I am very happy for her. She is the sweetest dr. I need to promise that I will post pictures of our ultrasound! Our computer at home has been acting funny so I will try tonight after youth. I promise. My mom has been wanting to see them. Sorry Mom.
Well, onto the next move...A lady in our church is leaving for Afghanistan in April of 2006 and has asked Josh if he and I wanted to live in her house "RENT FREE" for one year! Crazy huh? It is a 2-story house and it is only like 5 minutes from our house now. All we would have to do is pay for the utilities and watch her dog for her. Of course that doesn't matter because we love dogs and have 2 of our own. So, I think we may take the offer. We would be saving almost 9,000 dollars and be able to get out of the debt that we have got since we have been married. I was a little reluctant about it at first because the first thing I thought about was the baby's nursery and how cute we had decorated it and then I thought about having to change all of my addresses. But now that I have been thinking about it more, it would be stupid not to take this opportunity. So that is the news. I guess I should start packing a little bit now with the clothes that I don't wear (pre-maternity) because I am sure that I won't be wearing them in April yet either. Gosh, I hate moving. I know that we were not going to live in this home forever but just the thought of having to move makes me feel exhausted. I am going to get back to work now. Yeah for it being Wednesday! Only 2 more days for the weekend. We are going to Houston for Lacey's birthday. That should be fun.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What a wonderful blessing!! Don't worry, the packing will happen in no time - especially once the nesting kicks in :) Can't wait to see your u/s pics!!!

Unknown said...

How exciting!!! Rent free is awesome. I absolutely hate paying rent. After a year will you move back to where you are now?? Take it easy on the packing. We moved when I was 20 weeks and then again when I was like 25 weeks and it was exhausting. So just take it easy.

KriSTeN said...

Hey girl. i hope that you can move back in cuz that little nursery of yours is gorgeous. will you get to decorate there when the baby comes? hope all is well.. that's great about your doctors' app. time is flying!