Monday, October 24, 2005

Long and relaxing weekend!

This weekend was very relaxing and a lot of fun. Just what I needed. Josh had a bike-a-thon that was put on by South Texas District to raise money for Speed the Light. Josh and Pastor Doug split a 66 mile bike run between the two of them and raise over 3000 dollars. Thursday, Pastor Doug, sister Janet, Josh and myself drove to Galveston and got in around 3:00pm. We checked into the Hotel (Hilton) and while Pastor Doug was checking in the guy asked him if he wanted to upgrade the rooms for no extra charge! He said of course! So, we had a room with a king size bed, feather pillow top matress, couch and lounge area, and a large bathroom. What a blessing that was. Josh and I didn't have to pay for any of it. So, Josh and Pastor Doug started their biking that first day and I went up and laid on the bed and relaxed and watched TV. Then we all met up for dinner. The district had a dinner planned for us. We got to sit with Josh's parents and his brother and his brother's wife. That was nice to see them again. Danielle is funny. She doesn't say hi to me any more right away, she goes right for that belly and starts talking to Caleb. It's cute. After dinner we went back to the room and his family came up and hung out for awhile. We were laying on the bed and watching Caleb move around in there. He sure likes to show off now. Michael and Melissa gave us some cute baby hunting gear. I will have to post some pics of them. The next day Josh woke up pretty early to go finish the bike ride with Pastor Doug and then we all met up for lunch again. We went and ate a Fuddruckers! Yummy. After that we went and saw a movie. Elizabethtown. Stupid movie! I fell asleep and everyone else that stayed awake said it was dumb. I suggest not going and seeing it. After that we went back to the hotel room and hung around some more, then we went down to the little banquet dinner that they had to wrap up the weekend. Josh's family left after that and we went back up to the hotel room. We decided we wanted starbucks and left to go see if any one else wanted starbucks in Brother Marty's room. Another couple went with us to go get starbucks. We went back to Brother Marty's room and hung out for a little bit with all the other youth pastors and their wives and then went up to our room.

All in all, I had a very nice weekend with little worries. My job tried to call me while I was out of town but I didn't worry about that. What are they gonna do fire me?! I put in for the time so they need to learn not to bother anyone. I have a life! Sorry about that, I was a little ticked off when they called.

Baby Caleb is moving around and around! He loves to kick his daddy in the face too when Josh puts his head on my belly to talk to him. It's pretty funny.

I have this week and next week and then Friday the 4th is my last day! I am pretty excited that I don't have to work here anymore. I really didn't enjoy the people that I worked with and I didn't really enjoy my job, I was just doing it for the little money I made. Just to pay the bills. I am praying that God has something out there. I have another interview for another day care today after my job so pray that that goes well. Talk to y'all soon again!

Oh and my friend Jessica maybe having her baby today! Not sure yet. I haven't heard any word but I am super excited for her. She is having a boy, so our boys can be friends. I am praying for you Jecy!!! Come on Baby Elliot show some progress!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Alicia!! So glad you guys had a good time in Houston! I would have been right there in the hotel with you...pregnant or not! :) I'm so glad your feeling good about your last day coming up. God really does take care of every little thing for us...even our preference of co-workers. :) How funny that Caleb kicked Josh!! Way to go!! :) LOL Take care of yourself!! We really miss you guys!

KriSTeN said...

Hey Alicia it's good to hear you are doing so well...my brother Ryan did the bike-a-thon too... ryan did it with Michael Moake. he rode 35 miles. pretty awesome! well hope you have a good week!