Thursday, August 07, 2008

an eventful night was had!

Well, last night was our first trip to the hospital with this pregnancy. We got home around 2:00am. A couple days ago I had a lot of things going on like a stabbing sensation in my area and I do believe that I lost my mucus plug. Can I say that without anyone feeling gross? I guess I don't feel uncomfortable to talk about it anymore because I have talked about all this stuff so much now with Caleb's pregnancy and now this one. The talk feels like normal conversation. Anyways, so I was having a lot of minor contractions and just kinda went on about my busyness. Well, last night at youth, I calmly pulled Josh aside a told him that I thought when youth was over that I needed to go get checked out at the hospital. I just have to mention the word hospital and he starts going nuts. So we get there and get checked in and my nurse came in. Which by the way, I hope that she is on duty the day or night that I actually have her. She was the nicest and sweetest nurse. She hooked me up to the monitors and started monitoring my contractions and the baby's heart beat. Then she decided that she would check me. We found out that I am already dialated at a one, my cervix was still a little long but that I was 25% efaced. I have been labeled a candidate for pre-term labor. By the end of the night after monitoring for awhile she was going to discharge me and decided that she would check me once more before I left to make sure that I hadn't done anymore. We found out that my cervix was shorter and and that I was now 50% efaced. So she called the doctor to check and make sure I was still able to go home and they said yes but that I needed to come in for an appointment the next morning. I went in this morning and my doctor said that I was to be on "bed rest", but not really that I had to lay in bed, I just can't pick anything up or do any activities. What a wonderful time to get that said to me when we are trying to move into this new house! My doctor also said that if I progressed anymore this week than they would give me some medicine to make the contractions stop, but if I make it past this week than they would not stop the labor. She said she would like to see me make it to full-term which is considered 37 weeks that way I wouldn't have to worry about a premature baby but that if I did have her after the 34 week that she should be okay. Crazy! Please just pray for the situation. Pray that if I do have her early that she will be fine and just tinsy but also pray that I can make it a little longer than a couple of weeks. I know this is all in God's hands and He will protect her and myself but I would be able to just rest easier knowing that everything will be okay. I have confidence in my doctor but most importantly I have faith that God is in control. I know this little princess will be perfect in every way.

5 comments:

Mama PC said...

oh my! so, when's the big moving date? you cannot do a thing, you hear?!?!?

it can wait.... or others can do it

let your little princess stay inside as long as you can so she can get all the nourishment and completion you can give her before her time is here....

it's hard on their little bodies to come out too early....

stay on that couch! only up to bathroom and to possibly make a piece of toast! don't pick up caleb!

ok - that's from Auntie Pam

love you!

Unknown said...

oh yes please take it easy and if you start having contrax drink about 32 oz of water. that's what they would make me do when mine would start in the hospital and every time they stopped. this heat is so harsh on a pregnant body so please take it easy.

I am praying for her to stay put! Big babies are better :)

Jenny said...

Yes, don't do anything girl! You keep that girl locked in there tight until she's good and ready. And when as that moving date? I'm sure you guys have plenty of people at the church that can help you with all that moving...even though it's hard to sit there and watch because you want to be involved. I'm praying that your little princess stays put for a few more weeks atleast. Take care Alicia.

Melissa said...

We are so in the same boat! Only I haven't been having regular contractions, but they put me on pelvic rest today, and I'm already effacing too - which is SO weird for me since I've never gone more than a few days early, but whatever... I'll post the details on my blog soon, but I'll be praying for you guys while I pray for us! :) Hang in there and take it easy --- I know, easier said than done...

KriSTeN said...

oh wow. alicia take it easy. LOL i am sure you have heard that a hundred times but really take it easy... i have already told my husband that no matter what we are not moving right before or right after our baby is born... so i feel so bad for you right now... that has to be very hard. so just boss everyone around and let them do the hard work...
i am praying your little one is just fine and she stays in there a little longer!