Monday, August 04, 2008

Baby Girl's dress

the pattern Meme is going to use to make her dress
Front view of the dress and also a nice picture of Josh and I on our wedding day!
Top part of the dress

I asked Meme (Josh's grandma) if she would mind making a dedication dress for the little princess. Meme said she would love to do it and I am so excited about it because she is going to use my wedding gown. I obviously don't have a need for this dress anymore but didn't just want to throw it away or give it away and so Meme has offered to make the dress and also a few more things out of it like a blanket for her and maybe something for me. I can't wait to see it on her. Meme said she was going to take the satin trim from the bottom and put it on her's so it would look similar to mine. So cute! Thanks Meme for doing this for me. It means the world to know that she will have a piece of our special day. We will have to think of something for Caleb too.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

that's a great idea! your little girl will look so precious! i remember when i was a little girl, meme made a wedding dress for my barbie out of my mom's wedding dress. it was beautiful!

Melissa said...

What a great idea!! Can't wait to see how it turns out! :) That will be so special to her when she's older as well! :)

Unknown said...

why didn't i think of that!!! grrr.....i could have made three dresses out of my dress...bummer!

can't wait to see it!

KriSTeN said...

oh wow! that's a great idea!!! unfortunately i dont have a wedding dress (ran off and got married LOL) but still you are smart! she will be gorgeous just like her momma!

Mama PC said...

alicia, did you know that out of Danielle's wedding gown.... my wedding gown was formed? (we wore the same gown, except we had to take it in a bit in the boo-suhms....)

i think it's wonderful to re-use these wonderful garments we wear...on our special occasions...