Wednesday, July 16, 2008

time to think

I am still awake at 12:30am. I have been having a hard time sleeping lately. During the day I seem to keep myself pretty busy with Caleb, packing the apartment up, and all the church events. I have had to make myself slow down a bit though. The contractions have been coming quickly and pretty strong lately. It kinda makes me nervous. My boobs have already started to leak too! I don't remember that happening with Caleb that early. I guess that means that I will have a good milk supply. I am going to try the whole breastfeeding again. I am not going to say how long or how short, I am just going to do it until I feel the need to be done. I don't want to get myself all frustrated over it. This little girl is getting mighty strong in here too. She is constantly moving around and pushing things out of her way to make herself feel comfortable. I feel like she is going to break my hip bones sometimes. Just when I think I can't take it anymore she pushes a little harder! Her characteristics in the womb are even different then when Caleb was in there. When Caleb use to get hiccups he just seemed to deal them and lay there. When this little princess gets them, she tends to get very frustrated and she starts getting very wiggley. It is cute. I almost think that I can calm her down if I rub on my belly a little harder than usual. It is amazing that God already knows her and her likes and dislikes. He knows everything about her and yet we have so much to learn about her. I pray that she worships Him like no other. I also pray that her heart will be completely devoted to Him. On that note, I am going to try and close my eyes and get some rest. I will post more later

3 comments:

Jenny said...

alicia, i pray that those contractions slow down so that princess stays put a little bit longer. she needs to grow some more! i think it's so neat that you can tell your child's personality from inside the womb. camden never stopped moving inside and now that he's on the outside, he's still moving constantly!

Deborah said...

I can't wait to have another baby...and compare the two pregnancies the way you are. I'm afraid I have/will forget what it was like with Colton. I do remember that I started leaking early...like around 4 1/2 or 5 months!!! Gosh was that annoying! :) I know that you are so excited to meet her...I can't wait to see pics and hear all about her! Post more belly pics...I'm sure you have grown since the last one. Oh, did you guys decide on her name?

Melissa said...

Try to take it easy, mama! I'll be praying for you and your sweet girl. She needs to cook a little longer. :) You do start leaking earlier with each pregnancy. Fun stuff, let me tell you! :) I hope nursing goes well for you! Your milk will come in faster after delivery this time too, which will hopefully be helpful for you. I know it helped Caden get the hang of things quicker than Carson did. I think it's wise of you not to worry about time frames too. There is enough pressure with all of this mothering stuff anyway. :)

The prayers you have been praying over your babe are so similar to the ones I've been praying over mine, so as I pray for mine, I'll pray for yours as well. :)