Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A day from the Devil himself!!!

Yesterday had to have been the worst day I have had in a long time. First of all, Josh left for Mexico yesterday morning. He is taking several teens and colleges students on a missions trip down there for a week. Pray for them though because of that Dolly Hurricane. Hopefully, it will all work out for them. Next, I go to walk my dogs. First, I took Sidney (my bassethound) out. She is so easy, laid back, SLOW, and just a great dog to have for me and kids. She went to the bathroom and then I came back inside to get Roxy (the HYPER, obnoxious, lab). Well, normally we walk her on a choke chain, which to me if a dog is that uncontrollable than it isn't even worth having that kind of dog. Don't get me wrong she is a great dog as far as being sweet or friendly, she is just way to hyper and jumps up all the time and knocks Caleb over just cause she thinks she is little. Anyways, when I went to take her out I could only find the other kind of leash that winds up. She went both and then I was getting ready to walk her back inside, I didn't notice it but she took off running the other direction. That knocked me completely on my back. It knocked the wind out of me for a few seconds. Caleb was standing at our apartment door and said "Momma, you okay?" So sweet! It hurt really bad. I knew that I had a dr. appt yesterday so I was just going to tell her then what happen. Oh it gets better. I drive 30 minutes to get to my dr's office, sign in, and right as I am about to sit down the lady at the front desk yells out "Miss Alicia", but pronounces it the spanish way, which I always tell them it is A-LEASH-A, "before you sit down and get comfortable, please come here." So I walk over there with Caleb in the stroller and she tells me like I was still across the room "You do know your appt. was at 10:45 and not 11:45 right?" I told her "Had I known that then I would have been here at 10:45". She reschedule me for 3:00 that afternoon. So I went and did some grocery shopping for Caleb and I while Josh is gone this week, and then went back for my appt at 3. I get there, sign in, and found my receipt from last week with the appt. time on it. It said 11:45!!!!!!!!!!! I was soooooooooooo pissed. If you had ever seen a pregnant woman pissed imagine me times 10. I walked my butt up there and told the lady off! I felt bad afterwards but she should have not embarrassed me like that early that morning after the long morning that I had already had. So, I wait 40 minutes in the waiting room with Caleb. Poor kid, he was trying to be good but how long can a 2 year old wait. Not long for those of you who already have a 2 year should know. I get called in and my dr. came in the room with a nice big smile. Poor lady, she had no idea that I was going to unload on her. I told her all about what happened that morning with the dog and then her receptionist and in the middle of the story I started to break down a little. So she got me hooked up to a stress test to monitor the baby's heartrate and the contractions. She said it was a little high as far as the results go but it would be that way after the day I had. She also said that there was a contraction but it wasn't anything too strong to worry about. Then she had me go into the ultrasound to check everything out in there. Everything looked fine and the baby's head was facing down. After seeing and hearing her heartbeat, it made me feel so much better. So yeah that was my day yesterday! Now, I am very sore today. Hopefully, I can just relax and take lots of tylenol for the pain in my back to go away.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, that does sound like a devil of a day! It does seem when things happen to you while you're pregnant it feels 10 times worse. Poor Alicia, I'm so sorry...I hope you start to feel better and try to get some rest. I know that's hard to do with a 2 year old! I'm glad everything is okay with you and baby.

Unknown said...

oh wow, what a day you had. I remember a few just like that. hang in there and take tylenol. I hope your back gets to feeling better and i'm so glad the little lady is just fine!

Melissa said...

oh man. What a day! I have to admit, I probably would have unloaded on the receptionist too, so don't feel too bad! :) I hope you are feeling better and that the rest of your week gets a little easier!

jessica said...

oh i can sooooo relate! Last week i had my glucose test (ughh!!!) I get up at 7 to get to an 830 appt.by 825, i have drank the nasty thing, dropped my kids off fought traffic and show up for them to tell me i am 1 day early. thankfully the lab tech was available to draw blood even though there was not a single dr in the office that day(of all days for me to be wrong) so i had the PRIVILEGE of going back a 2nd time the next day with all 3 kids in tow!(again at 830 in the morning)

Mama PC said...

oh, alLEASHA!!!! A Lee-Cee-ah....

that sounds like a very bad no good day....

don't walk that dumb dog again....

my mom (your Meme) said that when she was pregnant with me (and overdue) she fell off the porch steps into a rose bush...and scratched up her whole self right before going into the hospital to deliver....!!!

one of the worst things that ever happened to me was getting locked into a Target bathroom stall when I was 8 months pregnant with Hannah! No one would answer me when I yelled out.... so I finally had to crawl out under the stall door on the dirty floor!!! big belly and all!

KriSTeN said...

aw man Alicia i am so sorry... that sucks. i would have been very angry too... and being pregnant does not help. i have a dog that is very strong when it comes to walking her and she sees another dog. i hope she doesnt act up when i get to be pretty big. falling on my butt and back would NOT be fun

i hope you start feeling better. it sucks that your hubby was gone and you couldnt vent to him... but then again he is probably glad he didnt see your fury! we seem to scare our men from time to time!

oh and by the way... my brother in law named his little girl Alycia (and it's pronounced A-Lee-Cee-ah) we dont know why he did that cuz half the family says it the way your name is pronounced... he is crazy!! LOL

have a good rest of the day and i am so glad you and baby are doing good.

Deborah said...

Oh my goodness...you poor thing! I'm so sorry...but glad you are ok! Hang in there...the end is near!!!