Friday, July 15, 2005

Rough morning

Well, I'm not sure if it really was morning sickness or if it was a freak thing, but this morning I finally threw up! I'm sure everyone wants to know and that is why I am sharing it with y'all. J/K It was not a good feeling at all. I felt sick when I was in the shower, but I tried to ignore it. I always try to ignore it because sometimes it really works. But this time it didn't. After I was done brushing my teeth, my mouth started to water a bunch. I got so much saliva. I didn't know where it all came from. I started to take my hair down from the towel and then it hit me. I quick went into the bathroom and threw the toilet seat back. Oh yeah then it came out. Except there wasn't any hard food, it was a liquid. Afterwards, I felt better, but now that I am sitting in my office I feel like crap again. I hope I don't need to run to the bathroom today. First of all, the bathroom is so far away from my office and second you need a key to get into it, so I would have to be trying to get the key to open it. Oh man, this day didn't start off so good and not to mention we have a four hour car ride a head of us when I get off work. Not gonna be fun. Okay, well I am gonna go work now or at least try to. Talk to ya later.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the details....
I hope you feel better, it doesn't help that its rainy....but give it time, I'm sure you will get better.

Melissa said...

Sorry Alicia! That is the worst part - I swear! I hate nausea, and brushing my teeth did it for me the whole first trimester. Hopefully it won't continue for too long!! :) Just remember - it's all worth it in the end, and morning sickness is said to be a good sign that the baby is growing well. I'll be praying for you!!

Oh!! I almost forgot!! This is a trick my mom shared with me... sip on flat coke in the mornings and it should kill the nausea. Something about the acid without the carbonation kills the stomach goo. You can have 1 coke a day, caffeine and all no problem. My ob even backed this trick, so give it a try! :)

Deborah said...

Hi, I'm Deborah, one of Lindsay's friends. WEll, hang in there. One trick I lived on was before I even moved to get out of bed, I would reach for a saltine cracker. It always worked. Sometimes, I would go days without getting sick, so I thought I was past it, and I wouldn't eat a cracker. Well, I paid for it. If I didn't eat the crackers, then I got sick. And it was hardly ever food, mainly just that yellow liquid (stomach bile). Yeah, I know, it's gross. But, hang in there. Soon you will actually enjoy being pregnant. I know I loved every bit of it, even the sick days. Cause Colton (my son) TOTALLY made it worth every bit of sickness!!!