Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The doctor said it was just a virus and to treat the symptoms. I woke up this morning and felt like I was hit by a train in my sleep. I don't know that I believe the doctor. I feel aweful! I have the sweats and it is even hard for me to hold Sadie for more than a few seconds. I feel like I am going to pass out and then I have to set her down. I have been running fever on and off since Sunday night and lots of coughing. The body aches all over the place and I can't seem to beat whatever is going on in my body. Also I think with everything going on my milk might be drying up. I feed Sadie and she seems to be fussy after I feed her like she is still hungry. She puts her face in my shirt like she still wants more. I have been giving her formula to help her get full but she obviously does not want that and gets even more frustrated. I am not sure what I am going to do. Any advice? I will take it. I am not against weaning her now but I can't seem to figure out how to wean her without her being upset. Also, any time I go to eat something or drink something my lower stomach hurts with bad sharp pains. Not sure what that is all about either. Please pray for healing.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry Alicia! Did you tell the doc about the sharp pains when eating or drinking? Maybe it's not a bacteria but it sure sounds like more than a virus. If it's nor any better in a day or two I would call back and maybe get a second opinion. As far as nursing...I know it is miserable to be sick and nursing, but it really is best for sadie if you can manage it...it really will keep her from getting what you have. It's normal for your milk to lessen since you are running fevers. If you can manage it, I would say to drink as much as possible...maybe even pedialite. You could maybe even do the popsicles. I'm so sorry! I hope you start to feel better soon!! I'll be praying!

Mama PC said...

are you better yet?

for now, drink and eat only clear foods (chicken soups, broths, popcicles, diluted sprite, ice chips) sipping as you go through the day. then, after you get comfortable with those, then increase to something a bit more substantial, but not milk-foods, not high-fat foods... toasts, eggs, boiled potatoes with a bit of butter, crackers, teas

flu is a virus and it's possible it was a flu of some type. are you having runs like Caleb did? you may have what he had... just let it runs its course... no milk or sugary foods for a while...

yes, let her keep nursing - and soon you'll be back to normal...

we care...

keep us informed and get lots of sleep if possible. is someone helping with the kids?

KriSTeN said...

aw poor girl i am so sorry. i will pray you get rid of this quick. i know you are miserable and having two kiddos to take care of doesnt make things easier.

do your best with nursing her and i agree just drink what you can. as long as you have fluids in you, you will still produce milk. of course i dont have as much experience so i just want to tell you i am praying for you. get better girl, and i hope your kiddos dont get it either.

Jill said...

Hey Alicia. Hang in there. It will get better. Hailey just got over a virus very similar to yours. The doc said she was neg for flu too, thank goodness. She complained of her stomach hurting every once in a while too. It must be something going around. I'll be praying for you!