Sunday, January 29, 2006

Still here and waiting...

I went to the hospital again yesterday because I was having contractions five minutes apart. By the time that I got to the hospital they were 3 minutes apart. The nurse checked my cervix and said that I was still at a two. They said I could either stay and them give me some demeral for the pain and a drip to get me hydrated or I could go home. Forget this hospital stuff. I am not going back until I have a baby's head poking through! I am still 2 weeks until my due date but it just feels like this little guy is wanting to come early and either my body isn't working hard enough or he and I just aren't working together. So that's that.

My father-in-law is over in Israel and is traveling all over there. We received a card in the mail from him when he was in New York for a layover. It was addressed to Caleb Allard from Pappaw Allard. I wanted to share with y'all what it said. I was crying when I read it just cause it was so sweet. It said...

Caleb, I wanted to be the first to wish you a Happy Birthday. You may be celebrating it with Mommy and Daddy while I'm gone. I love you very much and can't wait to hold you. We're going to have a lot of fun together. Save me a big hug... I love you! Pappaw.

So, sweet!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so sweet! It made me a little weepy :)

So sorry you're dealing with contractions like that! They can be pretty miserable. I had them at 5 minutes apart for almost a week before I gave in and had my ob induce. It's really crummy. One thing that helped me was drinking tons of water...I mean drink it until you feel like you're drowning and then drink another gallon :) It really does help hold off the contractions. Hope there is some relief and a baby here for you soon! :)

Thanks for updating!! I've been checking your sight like crazy, but I've been trying to spare you of the "Is he here yet?" and "any news???" comments :) It may get more difficult as time goes by :)

I'm praying for you!! You're going to do great, Alicia, and this will be done before you know it!! :)

Sorry----I've written a book! :)

Melissa said...

sight??? I meant site - oh well... :)

Unknown said...

ahhh!!! your're a two. That is what I was when I went into labor. Poor thing, I'm so sorry for all the false alarms..we had a couple, but when its the real thing there is no doubt. Oh I am praying for you like crazy. This is going to be such a great experience for you and Josh and there is honestly nothing to compare to the joy of that first cry and realizing that, though you actually have been for 9 months, that now you are a full fledged parent and that is YOUR child. its surreal!

Hang in there and update if you can before you go in. oh and take another belly pic. :) It's unbelievable to look back in a few months and realize that you were that big.

Michelle said...

Hey girl! The little angel is almost here! I can't wait to see a picture of him. Good luck and I'm praying for you!!

Michelle said...

CONGRATS on your new precious baby Caleb!!!!
Hurry and give us all the details!!!!!!!
And pictures!!! Take care

Michelle

Unknown said...

ahhh!! i just read that you had Caleb :) CONGRATS!! I can't wait to hear all the details!