Sunday, January 15, 2006

Baby Showers!!!

My church had a baby shower for me yesterday. I got a lot of really nice stuff. Between this shower, the shower in Houston, and my mom we got a swing, high chair, massage bouncer chair, baby furniture, clothes galore, diapers, diaper genie, and more. I think I have everything now to begin. My mom's friend up in New Jersey even got me that Medela breast pump! All I need now is little Caleb to come out and play with everything. I can't wait to see him. I have a doctor's appt. on the 19th so we will see if I have progressed with anything. My doctor seems really cool about everything. She isn't worried at all. I will have to post some pictures of the neat gifts. Well, I am off to bed now. I am still working and will be working until my water breaks! Lets hope it doesn't happen at work. I just want to be in bed when it happens or on the toilet. Oh well, talk to ya soon again.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun!! Oh, and the medela is AWESOME! I just loved our baby showers!

Unknown said...

Good luck with these last few weeks. oh and I hope your water breaks...mine didn't until I had been at the hospital for about 5 hours and my dr did it for me...wierdest feeling ever!

Michelle said...

Hey girl! Your almost there, to think you could have your baby any week, or really any day.
Good luck and I'm praying for you.
I'll pray your water breaks at home!!! Someone from work had hers break at Ihop when they were eating breakfast one morning...:)

Melissa said...

I would hope it would break somewhere else...as embarrasing as it may be, everyone understands, and you don't have to clean it up :)

If your water does break before you get to the hospital, cover the seat of your car with a garbage bag, and bring a few towels :) FUN stuff! :)

Unknown said...

i agree with mel...i wouldn't wear pants either if it breaks before you get there....it will soak through...you don't realize how much water you have in there...its a ton!

Melissa said...

It's a ton, and it keeps replenishing itself until the baby is born...I swear I felt like I was wetting myself the WHOLE time I was in labor...YUCK!

Every time I moved I apologized! LOL!!

Unknown said...

Isn't childbirth just faboulous :) Just just don't realize all this fun stuff...and now...well I have a wealth of knowledge in the subject