Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The weekend

And what a weekend it has been. It was a very good one but long. I do have to say there was one thing that was not good. Saturday, we decided to get up and go to Boerne Lake. We got all packed with our lunches, fishing poles, and kayaks. We got out to the lake around 1:00. We were setting up chairs and trying to get everything in it's place. I had just got done putting sunscreen on Caleb and then he wanted to go in the water. Not unusual. The kid loves the water. So I was putting the life jacket on him and snapping it all up when he slipped out of my hands and fell flat on his head. I picked him up as quick as I could and was saying "you're okay". A lot of times if Josh and I don't over react or baby him, he brushes it off too like it was no big deal. Well, this time it was a big deal. All of a sudden I noticed there was a stream of blood coming from the top of his head hitting the rocks on the ground. Josh grabbed him and I got his t-shirt and put ice in it. We both were trying to take turns applying the pressure because being the Caleb that we had after like 2 minutes he was trying to get away again and go down to the water. Anyways, we had to pack everything up and drive him to one of those clinics in town. They cleaned it off and put some kind of skin glue on it to keep it shut. Poor baby. I felt so bad for him. It was very scary to me as a mom to see a stream of blood coming out of my child's head. I am sure that is not the first and last. He was just getting me ready for the future years. Caleb is a daredevil and he thinks he can do anything. I don't want to discourage him either because if he keeps that mentality then he will get far in life. I love that about him. He keeps me on my toes. It is never a dull moment with him. So, he is okay now.

Sunday, after church, we drove to Houston for a multi-purpose trip. We went because Josh was going to help Michael put flooring in his new house that he is help build, to see the family, and for Josh's cousin's wedding. Sunday was nice and relaxing. After traveling to get there, Caleb went down pretty good in the evening and so I got to stay up and have a girls night to watch the finale of Grey's Anatomy. What a great show! Then Monday Danielle, Lacey, Melissa, the kids, and myself went to the mall for a little bit. That was nice to get to just run around as girls. Monday night we went to Lindsey's wedding. She looked so pretty and happy. Their wedding was different but it was very nice and it fit her personality.

It was SOOOO fun and nice to finally meet in person Lindsay and Deborah!!! I wish we could have done something together but maybe next time. I'm sorry if I left without saying goodbye but I had to make sure we say goodbye to all the family since we don't get to see them that much. Lindsay, Preslyn was so cute and it was neat to see her in person too after keeping her and Ella in prayer. Being 5 1/2 months pregnant combined with heat and running after a two year old made my night a little crazy. It all was great though.

Tuesday, Caleb and I took lunch to Nana's hospital so we could eat with her. That was nice. He loves his Nana a lot! And then we ate at Chili's later on before driving out of town back home. All in all, it was a great weekend!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so nice to finally meet you too!! I wish I could have seen Caleb :( Take care of yourself and maybe we'll see you again sometime!

Jenny said...

awww...poor caleb. i noticed a little something on his head when we were outside. i'm glad he's okay. i bet that was scary for all of you. he's a tough guy for sure! sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend...and i'm sure girly time was much needed. it was great seeing you all! you look great alicia and that little girl will be here before you know it. is there a first name picked out yet?

Melissa said...

What a fun weekend! :)

Hope Caleb's head heals quickly! He sounds a lot like our boys...nothing stops them! :)

Deborah said...

It was so cool to finally see you and your fam in person!!! Crazy how we have our "blog friends" that we have never met!! How fun! You looked great, by the way! Hopefully we really can get together soon and let ALL of the kiddos play!!