Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The story

Okay, so we thought we were going to wait it out. I never wanted to. I wanted to find out right away but I was trying to honor Josh's wishes. We had decided that we were going to get the doctor to circle boy or girl in an envelope and then if we ever wanted to we could look at it. As we were in the office waiting for her to come in Caleb was walking around the room saying "baby sisar, baby sisar" over and over again. Josh said that there was 75% of him that wanted to know right then. So, I said "well, 75% can find out right now". When the doctor came in she started doing the ultrasound and Caleb was looking at the screen saying "baby". She took all the measurements and I thought I had seen at one point what it was. It was quite obvious by the picture what "it" was. I didn't want to say anything so I just smiled and continued watching the screen. Bubba, then started saying "baby sisar" again. We told him we don't know. He kept correcting us. "No, baby sisar". So the doctor asked "do you want to know?" And I waited for Josh to say anything. He said "okay!" I was so excited. So while this is all going on we have Caleb in the background still saying it. The doctor went to the "goods" part and said "well, I think He is right!" "He is going to have a baby sister!" So cute. Caleb new the whole time. He started saying it weeks ago and we just had to tell him we don't know. He would always correct us. That is our story. It's a fun one and will be cute to tell her when she gets older that her big brother new all along what she was going to be. It is so weird because Caleb would wake up sometimes and roll over to me and tell me about his baby sisar. I am sure God was speaking to him in his dreams.
I can't wait to see her little face and welcome her home. I am not sure on the name thing yet. I know her middle name will be Rae. I am naming her after my dad Ray but we are going to spell it the girly way. So she will be Something Rae Allard. It is so weird that I am going to have a little girl. I am not sure I will know what to do. Caleb is lucky sometimes if he even gets his hair combed before we leave. I do know one thing though that when she is big enough she will be wearing Roxy clothing. I love Roxy and they make the cutest little girl stuff. Anyways, I have a lot of thinking to do and planning and preparing. I am glad we found out because if I would have had her and not known it was a girl I would have been so unprepared.
Oh another quick funny story about Caleb yesterday. I was changing into my pajamas and Caleb walked into the bathroom and looked up at me and said "Momma, that's your boobies!" I laughed hard and said yes. He just looked at them and was probably trying to figure out why they were so big compared to his. So cute how he just comes up with the most random things. I love it!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

What a fun story!! I love it! I can't wait to hear what you name her!! Congrats!

KriSTeN said...

congratulations~ i am so happy for you guys. a boy and a girl. how awesome is that?
she is going to be so cute!

i am so glad yall didnt wait! i know that i could never... i have to plan things and it would drive me nuts not knowing for that long! that's so awesome!

Jenny said...

caleb is too cute! he knew all along...so did i. i kept telling my mom that you guys would have a girl. little roxy clothes will look so cute. can't wait to meet the little princess.

Michelle said...

YAY! What a great story. Thanks for sharing and thanks for not keeping it a secret, you know us bloggers would have a hard time with it. LOL
Oh and cute name, an guy I used to work with, his wife had a baby last year, and they named their little girl Mackenzie Rae....I thought it was so cute, it was after her dad.

Melissa said...

Very fun! I'm glad you got to find out, especially so you can feel prepared. And how awesome that Caleb knew all along!