Wednesday, February 20, 2008

So many exciting things are going on!


Our lot with our trees on it. The first two in the front will have to be removed, but we get to keep some in the backyard!


The picnic area

Eva Longoria at last nights Spurs game!

Eva when she first walked in and was signing some autographs

Just a shot of the game

The pool in our new neighborhood

The playground just right down the street from where our new house will be.


So many exciting things are happening right now for us. Monday morning we went and signed a contract to start building our new home. We are extremely excited about it. Everything feels great. It is located in Boerne, TX. It has a downtown with a bunch of little stores and several of the little stores look like old saloons. It is 15-20 minutes from church, about 40 minutes to the down town area of San Antonio, 30-40 minutes to Fredricksburg and Kerville, 5 minutes from HEB and Walmart, 15-20 minutes from the Guadalupe River, and several other places. In the little city of Boerne they have part of the river that you can go down and sit a feed the ducks. The pictures that I had posted in earlier posts of us feeding the ducks is the place I am talking about. It is such a great town! In our neighborhood is the elementary school that Caleb and probably the next one will be attending. So, I will be able to walk Caleb to and from school. So awesome! The school is literally 2 blocks away from our house. The amenity center is on the same street as ours! We couldn't have asked for anymore. I remember being really upset about having to sell our home in Spring, but God has given us so much more. We are in a neighborhood now that has so much stuff to do just within walking distance. Our neighborhood in Houston didn't offer any of this. Our house will have 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, family, dining, kitchen, laundry ROOM, and a loft. It is everything we wanted plus more. We will be able to have a room for both Caleb and then a nursery that I will be able to set up and decorate and then also have a guest room for when our family comes into town. I can't begin to express how happy I am. I know God puts us through trials for a reason and I know we will go through several more, but it is just amazing what happens when you put complete faith in Him and let Him do the work!
As far as the Spurs game goes, our friends Steve and Nina got Josh some awesome tickets for the Spurs game last night but gave them to him for his birthday. He saved them and surprised me with a late Valentine's Day date. Beings that we are in the ministry, we have to postpone some things for us personally until it is a good day. We couldn't go out on the actual v-day because we had practice at church and then Friday we couldn't go out either because we hosted a "parent's night out/date night for v-day" so that the parents could go out and enjoy themselves while we raising money for our students to go on a missions trip this summer. So, there are personal things that you have to lay aside for the ministry. Believe me, it took a lot of getting use to and sometimes I am still not use to it, but the rewards of it are amazing.
Next, on my list to talk about is our little baby growing inside of me. I am 9 weeks today! My how time has flown. I am still either gagging or throwing up. And what also doesn't help is that both of our dogs have diarreha (not sure if I spelled that right). Living in an apartment doesn't make it easy because one, everything is so enclosed and the smell just stays and two, it is very hard to clean up especially when you are gagging and running to the toilet. Josh has been great though and taking pretty much full responsibility for cleaning up. Anyways, I am in that in between state where I look like I have just ate too many tortillas. I am starting to get a belly but I am carrying it all over this time. My sides have grown. I don't just have a belly in front like I did with Caleb. Well, I think I am going to head out. I think I did a pretty good job at updating for now. I will post a pic later of my belly.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

wow, ya'll were so close to eva at the game. looks like you could almost touch her. i love basketball games!! hope you guys had fun!!

your house sounds absolutely perfect! i'm so happy for you guys. when is the expected move in date?

Michelle said...

Thanks for the awesome update! I'm so excited for you guys. Now I wish our neighborhood had the same things yours did. Ha
Okay well I think you are having a girl. I spread out ALL over.

Melissa said...

You did a great job of updating us. :) I'm so excited for you guys and your new house! It sounds a lot like the area we live in, and we even have a pool like that one - so fun!!

About being sick - I had an ob appt today, and I told her I have been sick, and she told me to start taking vitamin b6 at 25 miligrams, 3 times a day. I just started today, but I can already feel the difference! They only come in 100 mg around here, so I bought a pill cutter thing from the pharmacy, and I just divide a pill in 1/4s. She also said that this is just a base treatment, and if it doesn't work to let her know because there are lots of other options. Just wanted to pass that on to you, and hope it helps!!