Wednesday, February 06, 2008

All is well in the womb

So far so good! We had a shrimp in there with a little heart beat. There was not much to see. When we are so early in the game like this these ultrasounds don't show you that much. But it was nice to know that there was a heart beat. I had some blood work done too. I don't mind the needles and all that stuff but for some reason yesterday it hurt my arm afterwards. It ended up giving me a bruise! I guess because she took like 5 different tubes and had to keep switching them out. Other than that, we are scheduled to go back March 3rd for another check up. All of this still seems surreal to me. I feel like something is off a little but maybe it is because it is my second one and I have already been through this. I don't know. It is all very exciting to me! One thing that is going to make it really hard is that we are not going to find out what it is until the baby comes out! Josh doesn't want to know and so therefore I can't know because if I know then I will want to say something. So, it looks like September will be when we find out. Sorry! I want to know too. But I must honor what Josh wants. I guess it will be fun to be surprised at the end. I have a sonagram picture but it is one that they printed out and I don't have a scanner. I will try and take a picture of it or something, but like I said there is not much to see yet. Talk to ya later.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

oh my goodness!! i can't believe you guys aren't going to find out. that's gonna be hard for all of us in blogger world. it will be a great surprise though. glad everything is moving along well. congrats again.

Melissa said...

You are better than me! :) Cary said he wanted to be surprised at first too, but I told him I wanted to know so I could prepare - like if it's a girl. He gave in. :) Honestly though, I'd probably find out even if he didn't and just try to keep the secret. Good for you for wanting to honor him in this! It will be fun to be surprised with you guys. And I agree it is super fun that we are pregnant together and so close in dates. We were ABSOLUTELY surprised, but the surprise is getting better and better by the day. :)

Unknown said...

oh wow. more power to ya on not finding out. it would kill me to not know :) how fun though to have a super surprise at the end!