Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Praise

I took Caleb to the doctor's office yesterday and they checked his breathing. They said he sounded great and that I could stop the treatments! The dr. did say that if he gets worked up such as running or very active (which a 2 year old boy is non-stop) and starts coughing or looks as though he is having a time with his breathing than to go ahead and give him a treatment. So, no more every 4 hours just when it is needed! Thank you everyone for praying for him and for us. We needed it, or I really needed it. I don't think Caleb thought twice about anything except for that he hated the treatments.

As far as the new babe goes, everything is growing very good. I will post a pic of the ultrasound pic I got from my 10 week appointment on Monday. I just need to find my battery for my camera. The doctor said all is well and it is a go for sometime in September. I have only gained 5lbs but I feel and look like I am very bloated. I have love handles that looks like I slapped tortillas on the side of me! I am sure I will gain plenty more. Gotta love the last couple of weeks of being pregnant when it is like a pound a week or something crazy. So far for being almost 3 months I think I am doing somewhat well with only 5 on me. It is getting harder and harder to not knowing what this litter critter inside of me is going to be. The closer it gets to being able to find out the more I want to know but I must keep my promise to Josh. Ugg! I want to know but I do think that it will be cool for him to walk out of the room as a proud daddy number two and say "It's a boy" or "It's a girl". So, until then we will wait.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay for Caleb! I'm so glad he only has to have the treatments as needed. That is awesome! I know those every 4 hour treatments feel never ending. Especially when the kids don't want them - why would they...

I'm glad the doc says you and the babe are doing well too! Your tortilla word picture cracked me up! And I feel ya. I'm in my sis' wedding at the Matron of Honor at the end of August, and I'm so fearful I'm going to be HUGE!! Not to mention that the wedding is outside and it will be hot. Oh, and I think you're doing great with the 5 pounds. Can you believe we are nearly in the 2nd trimester??? Crazy. Hope we can see you sometime soon! It would be so fun to get to hang out! :)

Jenny said...

That's so wonderful about Caleb! Glad you got some good news.

Your tortillas probably look cute...that's so funny!! Can't wait to see some belly pics....hmmmm...didn't you say you were going to post one??

Deborah said...

I just LOVE the tortilla comment!! Hilarious! ;) I didn't realize you guys weren't going to find out the sex! Very hard to do!!! Good luck!! ;)

I'm glad Caleb is feeling/doing better! Breathing treatments are not fun...but believe me, you weren't alone! I've been there and we had to do it a long time! But, he's 100% now...you'd never know he ever had an issue with it!! ;)

KriSTeN said...

Praise God! i am so glad Caleb is doing better. God rocks!
gotta love prego love handles... i cant wait to have some one day! :)
oh and that article was hilarious! ahahaha...
have a wonderful weekend and i hope you start feeling better!

KriSTeN said...

hey girl. we are in tyler now... no, no snow day... it was done by noon today. but really nice to have...i am used to not having snow so when it does that's all i talk about! hahah... we are doing good. i am so glad you guys are doing good. although i dont know how you are going to be able to wait to see what you are having! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it will be exciting though. the older we get the faster time flies so your baby will be here before you know it... hope you have a wonderful weekend...

Jenny said...

WOW, 12 WEEKS ALREADY!! GOING QUICK!

Melissa said...

How are you doing, friend? Has the 2nd trimester brought any relief your way???