Thursday, June 12, 2008

Little Update

Monday, we had another Dr. appt. Everything was great. She said I was measuring good and she found the heartbeat right away. Caleb was listening very good too. He has come to every one of the visits so far. We just want this to be a family thing and maybe it will help with the welcoming of the new baby. My doctor told me to watch out for "labor signs" and to keep very hydrated with lots of water because I am pregnant in the hot summer months in Texas. She said that she wasn't saying it to scare me or anything but just wants me to be prepared. No ultrasound this time. We didn't need one. After this next visit we will be going every two weeks. It is crazy how quickly we are coming to the end of this pregnancy. I have to say I am excited and sad all at the same time. I actually like being pregnant this time around. I guess because I was a little more prepared and new what was going to happen. With Caleb, I was just in shock of how much my body changed and my hormones were raging that I felt like I just wanted out of the whole preggo thing. Also, we don't know if we are going to have any kids after this one so it is sorta sad too to think that this may be the last time I get pregnant. I don't know yet though. We will see. I guess I need to just give it to God and have peace about it. Anyways, that is it for now.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you are already at your two week appointments. Enjoy the end of your pregnancy...it is kind of different when you think it may be the last time. Take care in this heat!!!

Michelle said...

Yay for good news. I'm the same, I want Addyson at every visit just so she will be a part of everything even though she might not understand. I don't want to drop her off somewhere and feel like I'm pushing her away for the second one. I'm a sucker, I'm so attached, I hate going anywhere without her beside me.

I can't believe you are almost at your every 2 week appointments, to me this pregnancy for you has gone by so fast...it's crazy how fast the second one flies by huh? I'm really looking forward to enjoying this one because the last one I had to worry about the cyst and didn't get to really enjoy all of it. I feel for you having to go through the summer, its amazing how our body temperature goes up 20 degrees when you are pregnant. I'll be praying for you AND your feet.

Thanks for the encouragement, I guess it will be one of those grocery trips you either wait to do until the husband is around or you venture out and tackle it with all the kids. I think the part that will get to me is having 3 kids, you only have 2 hands....hopefully 2 kids won't bring too much havoc on our lives.
I will pray for you and your Christmas shopping!!! lol

As we speak Addyson is sticking her mashed potato covered finger up her nose....ooops I got to go, have a great week!!!

Jenny said...

wow, alicia, she's almost here. it has gone by super fast. i'm so happy that you are enjoying it. it's a wonderful thing being pregnant. oh, and your new house too!! it's almost ready, right? good luck with the summer heat!

Melissa said...

I'm glad your OB at least mentioned preterm labor due to the heat. Dehydration can cause preterm labor even in winter, so I'm sure it's worse in a TX summer! Glad things are going well! Carson LOVED my OB appts with Caden, and I think it did help him to be more aware. Caleb is going to be such a good big bro! ;)

This time around, that would make far too many people in the tiny exam rooms! :) Definitely enjoy every moment! We're getting so close! Hard to believe. :)

Deborah said...

Wow! Time flies! It seems like just yesterday you were sharing your news with all of us! I'm so excited for you and your little family. Enjoy these last weeks!

jessica said...

i'm with melissa, there's just too many of us this go 'round to take everyone everytime, but yes on occasion they still go.
I understand your reservations on the possibility of this being your last. I am on my fourth(planned) and i still feel those feelings about this being it. Tony and I were just talking about that issue last night. Four is what we always wanted but the finality of it gives mixed emotions.

PS...I am a regular "lurker", but i don't think we've met. Tony and I went to youth with Josh @ spring first.

Jenny said...

yup, we're bringing the jet ski to lake conroe!! it's so much fun!

Jenny said...

i think it's about time for another update....and a belly picture!

See ya on July 10th.