Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Christmas is happening at the Allard's


So, here is a picture of my village that I put up last night. It is called "Christmas in the City". I love it. It has all the different stores in New York City. I can't wait to go visit up there for Christmas this year. I get to go home! Well, I did it. I called my mom yesterday to ask her if she thought I was crazy for wanting to put out the Christmas stuff and she said absolutely not! So, Caleb and I went to Target and bought some Christmas cds and a couple Christmas movies that I watched when I was a kid growing up and we put Christmas decorations all over the house. We danced like wild people to Christmas songs and giggled a bunch. I love making memories like that. I turned on my favorite cartoon and it was "Pluto's Christmas Tree". It had the chipmunks in the Christmas tree. Caleb giggled through the whole thing. Then I turned on "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer". He loved that one too. We didn't get to putting the ornaments on the tree so I was going to do that today or tonight after youth. Poor Bub was worn out by 10:30. He asked for his binky and then went and put his head on the bed. He was ready for nigh night. I can't wait for Christmas this year. It is going to be so much fun. We have almost decided on what Caleb's big thing is this year. We are thinking about buying him a set of drums. He loves drums and we think he just needs a set of his own to play on. I can't wait for him to open them up and see them. I almost started crying last night because it was just so neat to see him watching the cartoons that I use to watch as a child. It is so surreal sometimes to look at him and to think he is mine. And last night made me just choke up a bit because I know how much I enjoy Christmas and that he was having a blast with it too. He loved the songs and the jingle bells and then he loved the cartoons. I don't know, I guess I was just very emotional last night. Anyways, we are ready for Christmas to come!!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I like your little Christmas Village! Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun making memories. Can't wait to do that too with our little Camden! See ya next week!